Monday, May 6, 2024

Old customs

 I was looking through my camera roll today, and I came across some pictures of my early customs! They have a lot of room for improvement, but I'm actually pretty happy with some of them! Enjoy 

Oh, and apologies in advance for the blurry pictures and weird backdrops! 

This is my first ever custom, from February of 2023

Custom #2, from March of 2023

My third custom from April of 2023 (wow, 1 horse a month!😂)

Defenite step up in quality, this is the first model I painted using pastels. From May of 2023

Ok, I don't know what I was thinking, but my fifth custom is TERRIBLE! She is also from May of 2023

This is a custom that I did for a friend of mine, and to this day, I think that she is one of my best customs! July 2023
I have painted more models than this, but these ones are pretty nostalgic for me, and I like to think that my skills have improved since then! Let me know if you would like to see some of my early barns or tack, or if you have any ideas for other posts. Again, I'm new to this whole blogging thing, and am still getting the hang of it. 
Until next time!


3 comments:

  1. Aw! That blue roan is really nice. :)
    For your first CM, did you resculpt the mane or was it already braided? (I don't know a whole lot about schleichs. Lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Originally he had a really weird looking mane that I didn't like, so I carved it off and made a new one with hot glue. I wish I could say it looked better in person, but that wouldn't be true 😂

      Delete